Policy: Social Media & @PatricroftFROPS on Twitter
Friends of Patricroft Station has a loose framework/principles for conducting communications via the social media platform Twitter:
- We welcome all Followers (despite the term 'Followers' seeming to have slightly sinister overtones!).
- We try to respond to all messages, although we have limited volunteer resource and our twitter account is only actively managed when we have some free time! (i.e. we're not a massive national/multi-national corporation with seemingly unlimited resource, available to (pro-)actively manage our twitter account 24-hours a day!).
- We don't automatically follow back, however...
- If you follow us on Twitter, we do actively try to view your Twitter profile.
- If you actively engage with us via Twitter - e.g. by re-tweeting; adding our tweets as one of your 'favorites'; in positive discussion - then we will quite likely follow you.
- We try to tweet with relevant information during 'extended office hours', e.g. between 9am-5pm GMT and into the early evening; outside these hours, tweets will be kept to a minimum and/or may deviate from our standard patois!
- We utilise websites and apps to send some scheduled tweets - this helps make life a little easier for us.