Projects and Aims
Friends of Patricroft Station has a number of key objectives and project initiatives to improve the environment, facilities and rail service at Patricroft station. It's easy to support us to achieve these developments and service improvements:-
- Service Frequency - electrification of the line has the potential to bring about service frequency improvements, however, FrOPS require much greater support to take this forward for the benefit of the local community (it is anticipated that two local residential property developments will bring greater usage to the station).
- Gardens & Environment - In addition to our regular gardening meetings at the station, we are working with Incredible Edible Salford on an exciting gardens project, which will see the introduction of edible plants in raised growing beds on the station platforms and on the station forecourt.
- Local Footpaths - we would like to see improved maintenance of the local footpaths leading to and from the station. Although our volunteers do conduct regular litter-picks in and around the station, we believe their are greater collaborative possibilities for addressing both the litter situation and condition of the path surfaces by working with Salford City Council and other community bodies. We need your help to drive these improvements through: Support us to help us achieve this!
- Safety & Security - FrOPS continue to work with Northern Rail and British Transport Police towards improving safety and security at the station.
- Information & Signs - despite numerous improvements to basic information facilities, FrOPS recognise that there is opportunity for further improvements in the information provided at the station.
- History projects - FrOPS and FRECCLES are collaborating on a Railway Heritage Timeline and 'Cake Hole Histories' oral history project.
- Shelters - we have had discussions with the service operator, Northern Rail, about the possibilities improvement or replacement of the shelters on the platforms. Many of our members and regular passengers are concerned about the state of the shelters and see opportunities for improvement.
- Artworks - the students of St. Patrick's R.C. High School are credited with the production of the artworks and mural currently on display at the station.
- Level Access - FrOPS is investigating the possibilities of introducing level-access to the platforms at Patricroft station, and would welcome any support for further access opportunities.